Flatbread with Barbecue Jackfruit
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2 persons)
- 150 grams of Rootzz of Nature Jackfruit Barbecue
- 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of agave
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Freshly milled pepper
- 150 grams julienne carrot
- 2 spring onions, in rings
- 1-2 tablespoons of chopped coriander, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, in slices
- 2 tablespoons of (vegan) crème fraiche
- Lebanese flatbread
PREPARATION (15 min.)
Mix the apple cider vinegar, chili sauce, soy sauce, agave and sesame oil in a large mixing bowl. Taste and season with freshly ground pepper. Then mix this with the julienne carrot and spring onions. Place in the refrigerator.
Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Fry the onions for 3-4 minutes and add the jackfruit. Continue frying until the jackfruit is heated through and loosen the larger pieces.
Fill the tortillas a tablespoon of creme fraiche, top with the carrot salad and jackfruit. Garnish with some red onion. Yummy, enjoy your meal!
Serving tip: serve with hot sauce or extra barbecue sauce!